It's a Date!
Mark your calendars for the Killer Whales banquet!
When: Friday April 11, 2014
Where: Eastern Avenue gymnasium
Pricing: Swimmers are free. Each ticket this year is a flat rate $10 for all adults and children. Last day to purchase tickets for the price will be Friday March 7th. Tickets can be purchased at the pool during practice time. AFTER MARCH 7th - prices will increase by $5. NO tickets will be sold at Championships. Each family can purchase two tickets, after each family has purchased their two - if there are more tickets available they will then be available for purchase.
If you haven't already, please see Erin this week to pay for your child's second half. Second payments are due to Erin by Wednesday 3/5. "If I do not have second payments by Wednesday night at the end of practice your child will be taken out of the championship meet on Saturday. Please contact me if you need a reminder of your balance."
Championships Saturday, March 8th
Boston University Fitness and Recreation Center
915 Commonwealth Ave.
For all 10 and Under Swimmers. (Session 1)
You should plan on leaving your houses no later than 7:00am. You should plan on walking through the Buick Street entrance door to the gym between 7:30am and 7:45am. If you are late, your child will not have an opportunity to warm-up.
For all 11 and Over Swimmers. (Session 2)
You should plan on leaving your houses no later than 2:00pm. You should plan on walking through the door to the gym between 2:30pm and 2:45pm. If you are late, your child will not have an opportunity to warm-up.
- Everyone must enter through the Buick St. entrance.Please do not try and enter the building before 7:30am (session 1) and 2:30pm (session 2) or you will be asked to leave the meet. They are not allowing anyone to open the door before 7:30pm (session 1) and 2:30pm (session 2).
- Please have your child wear their bathing suit to the meet with their team t-shirt. Please write your swimmers name on the tag of the shirt when you get it this week.
- ALL SWIMMERS MUST HAVE FLIP FLOPS OR SHOES to wear during the meet. This is a BU policy. Shoes must be on swimmers feet when they are outside the pool. Please label as best you can your children's shoes or put something on them so they can easily pick out their shoes. Shoes are dropped off at the door to the pool and picked up at the end of their race.
- Please bring extra caps and goggles, and send water and a light snack with your child and put it in their bag. It will be a long time to go without anything.
- Swimmers WILL NOT be allowed to go up and down from the stands. Please put everything that they will need in their bag before you leave your house. If you have a needy child, you should volunteer to be in the gym.
- We are only allowed an A and B relay, so two relays. Please note that because of such rules not everyone will be in a relay.
- Please do not change or leave the meet unless you have spoken to your coach. If swimmers are absent we might need your child to do a relay even if they are not originally listed.
- Please bring an extra towel or comforter for your child to sit on. They will be sitting in the gym the entire meet.
Note: Big change this year. Per BU regulations they are locking down on the amount of spectators in the stands. What the league has come up with is a ticket system. Each team depending on size will be given a certain amount of tickets for each session. You will not be able to enter the pool area without a ticket. This means that each family is going to have to cut back on the amount of persons attending for one particular swimmer or family. Watch for an email for more last minute information as it becomes available.
WE NEED VOLUNTEERS
to help at Championships. See Erin or Kanda as soon as possible to sign-up.
IF YOU HAVE AN EMERGENCY
Saturday morning or are running late, please call one of us so we do not scratch your child from the meet.
Coach Miller 617-512-7737
Coach Anthony 617-733-2109
Coach Meghan 781-640-1683
Coach Erin 781-258-2150